Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday, February 9th, 2017


Tasting- Maipe Torrontes

Name:  Maipe
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Salta
Country: Argentina
Year: 2016
Price: Regular: $13, Sale: $7.95

Magazine Review: "Spring-like nose of fresh white peaches, pears, green apple, green melon and hints of jasmine and rose petals. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and acidity along with fruit flavors and plenty of body. Well-balanced, this wine displays a pleasant freshness with citrus notes and a long finish."

My review: I enjoyed this wine very much!  It was also very light, similar to the Viognier, but with much stronger fruit and floral aromas.  I could really smell the peaches right off the bat as well as strong florals such as rose and maybe some orange blossom.  I could taste slight bits of clementine and strong tastes of peaches.  I definitely think that this is a summer wine based off of the lightness of the wine as well as the strong fruit and floral accents.  This was my favorite wine during the tasting and I would definitely drink it again!

I drank this wine on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment