Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday, February 9th, 2017


Tasting- Candoni Buongiorno Organic Primitica, Syrah

Name:  Candoni
Variety: Buongiorno Organic Primitica, Syrah
Region: Puglia
Country: Italy
Year: 2015
Price: Regular: $15, Sale: $7.95

Magazine Review: "Brilliant violet color. Bright, fresh, fruity aromas and flavors of black raspberries, vanilla mint cookie, delicate spices, and paved road with a silky, crisp, fruity light-to-medium body and a brisk pomegranate, cedar bark, and limestone finish with coating, firm tannins and moderate oak. A firm, juicy beef wine."

My review: I enjoyed this wine more than I thought that I would from the initial smell.  At first, I smelled some dried fruit such as prunes and other jammy fruits as well as dark berries.  My initial taste was that of wood such as oak and fir and darker berries such as elderberries.  I also got a pretty strong aftertaste of spices.  Despite the darkness of the components in the wine, the overall brightness made me enjoy this wine. 

I drank this wine on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment