Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday, February 9th, 2017


Tasting- Fox Creek Shiraz

Name:  Fox Creek
Variety: Shiraz
Region: McLaren Vale
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: Regular: $23, Sale: $9.95

Magazine Review: "The wine holds aromas of chocolate, cinnamon, and hints of clove. On the palate, the juice is weighted with flavors of plums and black cherry. It is elegant and creamy with well integrated tannin. The lengthy finish holds notes of chocolate and toasty oak."

My review: I was not the biggest fan of this wine because of the dryness.  It had a very strong smell of dark berries such as blackberries and of dry fruit as well as some spices.  The wine was very dry and actually left my mouth dry after drinking it.  There was a slight taste of oak as well as some cherry.  I could also taste a bit of pepper as an aftertaste in the wine.  This was my least favorite out of the five I tasted today, but it still was not bad. 

I drank this wine on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment