Thursday, February 23, 2017

Thursday, February 23rd, 2017

Tasting- Primes Ruby Port Front Line

Name: Primes
Variety: Ruby Port Front Line
Region: Oporto
Country: Portugal
Year: ?
Price: Regular: $18, Sale: $9.95

Magazine Review: "Ruby colour; red fruit aromas; pleasantly sweet and balanced taste. As the wines used to produce Prime's Ruby Port age, they gain smoothness and elegance while retaining their fruitiness, intensity and youthful ruby colour."

My review: This Port wine was extremely sweet and I could smell that sweetness even far away from the glass.  This wine had a very strong aroma of cherry and other red fruits.  It tasted very much like the cherry twizzler candy, but a much sweeter version.  I also tasted a bit of raisins.  It was heavy on the tongue, as well as very dry.  I did not like this wine at all!  It was very strong and far too sweet. 




I drank this wine on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment