Thursday, February 16, 2017







Monday, February 13th

Wine and Cheese Pairing- Beringer Chardonnay and Parmesean

Image result for beringer chardonnayName: Beringer
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Napa, California
Country: United States

Description of Wine of the Bottle: "Enticing blend of ripe stone fruit and vivid citrus fruits perfectly offsets the honeyed apricots."

My Review of only the wine: I thought that this wine was good even though it was quite dry.  One of the things that I smelled right away was pear and honeysuckle.  My first sip I tasted apricots and a good amount of citrus flavor, my mouth was also very dry after I drank the wine. I overall liked this wine by itself. 

My Review of only the cheese: I thought that this cheese had a moderately strong smell and taste, but nothing to overwhelming.  The taste of this cheese was overall good and enjoyable. 

My Review of the wine and cheese pairing:  After tasting both the wine and cheese alone, I tasted them together and I really enjoyed the pairing.  Because the Chardonnay was somewhat dry and acidic, the cheese really helped to balance out that dryness.  The cheese seemed to absorb the acidity in the wine and made the Chardonnay even more enjoyable.  I would recommend this pairing of wine and cheese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment