Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday, February 16th, 2017

Tasting- Valminor Albarino
Image result for valminor albarino 2015

Name: Valminor
Variety: Albarino
Region: Rias Baizas
Country: Spain
Year: 2015
Price: Regular: $19, Sale: $9.95

Magazine Review: "Valminor Albarino presents a yellow straw color. On the nose, the wine shows a wide fruity range of aromas with notes of fresh grapefruit, apricot and melon. In the mouth, Valminor combines fruity flavors and freshness with a rounded acidity, resulting in a balanced wine that boasts an opulent taste with elegant aromas and slight spritziness. It is fresh and tasty, boasting a taste of apple and fruit with elegance."

My review: I thought that this wine was pretty good, but was acidic and pretty dry as a whole.  At first smell, I thought that this wine had many floral aromas as well as some citrus.  This wine had some flavors of green apples and melons, but none of the flavors were very strong.  I think that the smells of this wine were much stronger than the flavors.  I enjoyed this wine, but it was not my favorite of the ones I tasted today. 

I drank this wine on its own with no food.




No comments:

Post a Comment