Thursday, February 16, 2017







Monday, February 13th

Wine and Cheese Pairing- Black Box Sauvignon Blanc with Mozzarella  

Name: Black Box
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Valle Central
Country: Chili

Description of Wine of the Bottle: "Pretty floral aromas with peach notes that unfold into bright citrus flavors.  A crisp and refreshing finish."

My Review of only the wine: I really enjoyed this wine by itself and thought that it had great flavors.  I thought that this wine smelled very sweet with strong smells of peach and floral aromas as well as some green apple smells.  I didn't think that this wine was as sweet tasting as it smelled.  I could really feel this wine in my throat, with some grapefruit flavors. 

My Review of only the cheese: I thought that this cheese had a fairly strong smell and tasted very heavy with a good amount of flavor.  I enjoyed this cheese. 

My Review of the wine and cheese pairing:  After trying both the cheese and wine by themselves, I paired them together and thought that they balanced each other out.  Once I ate the cheese, then drank the wine, the Sauvignon Blanc seemed far less acidic and I did not fell it on my throat as I did when I drank it by itself.  This pairing did not really bring out any flavor from each other, but they definitely balanced each other out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment