Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday, February 16th, 2017

Tasting- Cortenova Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 

Image result for cortenova montepulciano d'abruzzo 2013 reviewName: Cortenova
Variety: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Region: Abruzzo
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $7.95

Magazine Review: "Wild berry, chopped mint, sun baked earth and violet aromas meld together on this solid savory red.  The juicy straightforward palate doles out ripe black cherry, crushed raspberry, anise and cinnamon alongside chewy tannins."

My review: 
I was not the biggest fan of this wine.  The smell of this wine consisted of very dark berries such as black cherries and plums.  It also smelled of some spices such as pepper.  The taste of this wine was very tannic, acidic, and dry.  This wine also had a pretty strong smoky taste that I was not a fan of.  This wine was not that bad, but it was probably my least favorite of the 5 I tasted today.   

I drank this wine on its own with no food.


No comments:

Post a Comment